Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP experiences

Default VIP experiences

Our group is considering VIP camping -- we would just like some more info on what exactly the VIP camping experience is like, what it includes, and where the preferred viewing areas are exactly. Saw in some pictures of the crowd from the stage perspective and there was a gated off area in the front of the stage -- is this the VIP viewing area? We are traveling from Boston so we are looking for a little more comfort which is why we are thinking of doing VIP. Basically any info you can give about the experience would be greatly appreciated! What we are looking for in particular:

1. What does VIP include exactly? (Food, booze, etc.)
    2. Where exactly are the VIP viewing areas?
    3. In your opinion, is it worth the $600 for the weekend?
    4. What are the camping areas like? As much fun as the rest of the festival grounds?
    5. Just overall thoughts on the VIP experience -- anywhere from quality of bathroom facilities to your thoughts on the staff. Any info is encouraged and appreciated!

-J

Welcome to the forums BigMike. The details of the VIP package are listed on the Ticket page: http://wakarusa.com/2011/tickets_con...vip_event_pass
    Many of your questions have already been answered in other threads if you search around - there are even pictures of the camping area. I haven't done VIP personally, but can tell you there are viewing areas directly in front of the stage at the Main stage and the Revival tent - there is not one at the Backwoods stage. Some folks are balking at the $600 price tag while others find it totally worth it. VIP, along with RV Reserved (which is sold out) are the only two heavily shaded camping options which can be incredibly valuable depending on the weather (it was HOT last year).

Try this thread
    Push out the jive. Bring in the love.

Quote Originally Posted by scottt View Post
    Many of your questions have already been answered in other threads if you search around -
    One problem is that if you type VIP into the search box it fails because it is too short of a word.
    Also, the default setting for seeing earlier posts is only what, 30 days?
    Change the setting to see posts from a year or two back and browse around.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikedmb View Post
    Saw in some pictures of the crowd from the stage perspective and there was a gated off area in the front of the stage -- is this the VIP viewing area?
    ^^^
    Yes

I went to my first Waka in 05.
    When I saw those fenced areas in front, I knew where I wanted to be.
    This will be my sixth straight year in VIP.
    When prices went up 50% over last year I didn't even blink.
    Well worth it to me.

The only folks who have problems in VIP are either never happy anywhere, or feel "entitled" because they paid more.

Don't wait too long to decide.
    VIP sold out last year in March if memory serves.

Do some more reading and if you still have burning questions we will answer them.

People are so helpful here that even folks who have never been in VIP will pipe up.

Don't believe anything bogmonkey says, though, without getting independent confirmation from three other reliable sources.

He did go VIP one year, but he now has been seduced by the electricity and running water in RV Reserved.
    VIP has neither at individual camp sites, only in the common areas.
    Cast your dancin' spell my way
    I promise to go under it...

Like with everything some ppl seem to have had the worse time ever while others had a total blast.

The prices seems to bother a lot of ppl, but I feel like that's mainly because so many paid way less last year $400 range), but if you compare these VIP tickets with other festivals VIP tickets what Waka gives you is of a much higher standard then all the others and at a better price!

When you think Bonnaroo charges $700 for a single and includes no beer OR food, then Wakarusa is a steal.

For me and my group we have never done VIP for anything ever and are looking forward to that experience whatever that may be.

BTW If what I saw in the videos is the VIP area @ the Main Stage (literally front row, in front of the rail!!) then that's just going to be ****ing awesome!!

^^^^^
    No if about it, man.
    If you want to ride that front main stage rail, you are buying the right ticket.

I will likely be stage left reclining in my lawn chair to conserve energy.
    See me if you need some earplugs.

If you want to be kind to an old guy you could bring me over a beer once in a while.
    Not the wheat, Boulevard Single Track IPA, thanks.
    I will tip the bartenders when I cross back in front of the stage to use the potties or grab a cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dave~~wave~ View Post
    Not the wheat, Boulevard Single WIDE IPA, thanks.
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dave~~wave~ View Post
    I will tip the bartenders when I cross back in front of the stage to use the potties or grab a cold water.
    such a gentleman... and with GREAT taste in beer, I might add.
    the pimple

^^^^
    Thanks for the correction, Chase.
    Don't know what got into me.
    Got the name mixed up with another good brew from Boulder.

I was drinking one at the time I wrote that, too.
    Should have looked at the bottle.

That sweet little camper on the label would fit right in with all you lucky folks in RV Reserved.

No problemo, mi amigo. And, might I also add that the singletrack looks quite tasty as well!

That camper is quite nice! I love the retro look. One of the members of Team RAD has one that is similar sitting in his backyard, halfway through restoration. I would love to have a hard shell like that, but in the mean time, I'll have to make due with this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the pimple

Well, your roof decoration is certainly cute.

Quote Originally Posted by rchasei View Post
    No problemo, mi amigo. And, might I also add that the singletrack looks quite tasty as well!

That camper is quite nice! I love the retro look. One of the members of Team RAD has one that is similar sitting in his backyard, halfway through restoration. I would love to have a hard shell like that, but in the mean time, I'll have to make due with this:
    Love the camper Chase! And the model displaying it!
    Current Favorite Song Ever: Spanish Moon - Robert Palmer
    "Chompdown....that's the heart and soul of the good souls on the mountain!" -BabeinToyland