Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wet

WET has a new website. Its a MILLION times better than what they used to have. EVERYONE SIGN UP! You get points and whatnot for working good shifts and you can get upgraded on your abilities to pass through Nazi borders at the festival. (Im libertarian, so any border is Nazi)
    "Experience isn't what happens to you. It's what you do with what happens." -Aldous Huxley

Does anybody know where the WET camping is? I'm debating on just getting a West Woods pass for the shade...

The new map shows wet camping is now where RV unreserved was last year, up by the bus stop.
    (lower left of map)

love,
    peace,
    & bacon grease!

That kiiinda sucks honestly. Ive been coming to the mountain for years now and the WET area has never been THAT far away. Its on the opposite side of the fest grounds this year. Oh well. Time to fine-tune my festy-legs.
    "Experience isn't what happens to you. It's what you do with what happens." -Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Wartockman View Post
    That kiiinda sucks honestly. Ive been coming to the mountain for years now and the WET area has never been THAT far away. Its on the opposite side of the fest grounds this year. Oh well. Time to fine-tune my festy-legs.
    yeah that sucks...my group was camped at the very back of that area last year when it was rv unreserved...awesome view, but it is a long walk to the main stage...we used the festicabs a lot
    Having a wonderful time, wish I were here.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonis View Post
    yeah that sucks...my group was camped at the very back of that area last year when it was rv unreserved...awesome view, but it is a long walk to the main stage...we used the festicabs a lot
    Yet based on how far things were when this was at Clinton in Kansas, nothing's really that far, except Riverside.

We camped at campground #3 at Clinton S.P. the first year we went. You walked nearly a mile to the bus stops, that took you another 3 miles to the festival grounds. Upgraded to campground #1 our second year and still had to walk about 1 1/4miles to the feet stages. Up a big stupid hill to boot. We joked that it really was Walk a roosa!

So the mountain is a vast improvement over the prior venue, just sayin.

Remember us older set like to remind " you kids have it so much better, than we did" , but in this case, anyone who went to the festival in Kansas will agree!

10 days and I am stoked!
    Last edited by tvguyz2007; 05-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Kevin

"There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who don't" -Robert Benchley

Waka 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12'.

^^ That hill was pretty killer...almost got wiped out by a skateboarder who lost control.

Quote Originally Posted by tvguyz2007 View Post
    Yet based on how far things were when this was at Clinton in Kansas, nothing's really that far, except Riverside.

We camped at campground #3 at Clinton S.P. the first year we went. You walked nearly a mile to the bus stops, that took you another 3 miles to the festival grounds. Upgraded to campground #1 our second year and still had to walk about 1 1/4miles to the feet stages. Up a big stupid hill to boot. We joked that it really was Walk a roosa!

So the mountain is a vast improvement over the prior venue, just sayin.

Remember us older set like to remind " you kids have it so much better, than we did" , but in this case, anyone who went to the festival in Kansas will agree!

10 days and I am stoked!
    Och! Of the MANY things I do NOT miss about Clinton was that Campground # 3 was practically in another state. It was cool and all at the time, and the people were great back there of course (and the first Chompdown happened there!).

That WET camping is quite a ways away from the action though, but free is free. I'm too old for that sh*t these days....I walk 4 miles a day for fun in the real world and festival walking still gets to me after a couple days.
    http://www.facebook.com/bogmonkey

The Bog Pound 2007-2008 - Clinton Lake
    Camp Palm Springs™ 2010-2011 - Mulberry Mountain
    VIP Wakapocalypse 2013

so im doing WET at electric forest in a few weeks, anyone who volunteered at waka this year care to share their experience, stories, etc.?
    "buy the ticket, take the ride" - Hunter S. Thompson

One thing that I learned the hard way was that more of the paid people that you work for as a WET volunteer aren't there to have a good time. Lots of people mean business and they want serious minded folk around them that aren't joking around having fun constantly. This mind set sucks but it does exist at the festivals, beyond all of the fun that everyone else is having. Each festival could be different though. After WAKA I hit Bonnaroo, but I didn't work it. Roo is humongous. Probably won't go back, can't decide, but I can only imagine the level of hectic that the festivals thrive on when the **** hits the fan.