Thread: Zip line at Wakarusa!!!

Default Zip line at Wakarusa!!!

Ummmm yes!!!! Haha, wonder why it isn't on the new activities page? (or I overlooked it) but Pollstar had an interview with the owner of Pipeline in which he says there will be a zip line at Waka this year!! Sounds exciting

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=800936

i dont think its on the page, but YEEEHAWWW! i wonder what it'll be over... tent city? backwoods? main stage? the waterfall.

thats a great article. i like this part:

"I think the thing that sets us apart now – most of the festivals have a lot of great bands, and certainly I think we have a great lineup – we are four days in this idyllic setting in the middle of nowhere – I think the site of Wakarusa, like at Telluride, sets us apart. We’re not at the county fairgrounds or a city park or a corn field. We’re on the top of a mountain surrounded by float rivers and waterfalls, unencumbered by civilization and technology. It really is an idyllic weekend of nature, music and friends in which should be experienced by everyone. It should be on everybody’s bucket lists."

kinda has to do with that rumor thread about waka's last year on the mountain. No way.

I always love reading those articles! Brett is the man for sure. But, as far as a zip line at Wakarusa, I believe I would have to take a zip down the line.

Oh I'll definitely be down the zip line! Even for an unreasonable price :P!!!! Like Jennana said though, I wonder what it would be over!?!?!

Well at least Mossiman admits the headliners this year are kinda lacking, in his own words;

"
    I remember telling you that Wakarusa’s shtick, if you will, isn’t necessarily the headliners. The bands 15 through 75 are all super solid."

I would whole heartedly agree with that, the middle tier is stacked and deep and much to my liking....

~G$

My mouth about dropped when he said they booked the Black Keys for $40,000 in 2010 and not even a year later they cost $500,000. I now wholly understand why and am not as bummed that the Keys haven't been back.

lol I just saw it too and loved the irony.

did i read something about a water slide? That that would be freakin sweet in the heat.

You definitely did! It's on the activities page now too I'm told it's like the one they have at Bonnaroo.
    SCREW THIS...BACK TO THE PILE!

"Love is a thick fog that fades with the first daylight of reality" - Bukowski

"Home is a place for the lost" - Brandon George