Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Waka Weather

it will be hot
    Having a wonderful time, wish I were here.

I'd hope n pray for low 80's/60's but plan for high 90's/70's. Also expect anything from a light afternoon rain to a hurricane on the mountain.

Wish every year would be like 09.
    Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit

Merp

Facespace

Oh I meant to say that in the evening it has always seemed to cool down nicely! Not quite jeans and sweatshirt but definitely comfortable.

I always pack the same for any festival and usually don't run into too many problems.

One pair of pants.
    2 pairs of shorts.
    Hoody.
    Lots of t shirts.

For rainy days I wear swimming trunks n a lightweight rain jacket.

I've never ran into a problem, been galavanting across the u.s. for about twelve years now and have never ran into a problem

It does usually get very hot during the day. There is a camprgound called Redding on the Mulberry about 8 min south of waka that has been my savior. It isn't as packed as the waka river camping area, and has hot showers. I think the day use is 5 dollars per car, so if one loads up a vehicle its an economical way to clean up and start the day off. Great swimming hole and hardly ever any more than 20 or so people down there ( so dnt post this on FB please) After we set up camp we usually set a vehicle up to get out in the mornings (noon) so we can head down there.

The last few years the Sheriffs station has been down there on a few campsites, so i wouldnt recommend going down there to get crazy, and obviously would make sure u have a sober driver.

Go south on 23 from Waka, take a left on 215 (which is where the southern waka check-in and river camp is), go around 5 miles or so and take a right on redding road. Its a gravel road, and there will be a maroon sign that says Reddings. Its self pay, so make sure u stop, fill out an envelope, and support the parks

During the day we were up before 9 because it was so hot and our campsite was not the shadiest. Bring tapestries and sheets to make shade! Bring fans, misters and if you can, A/C It was insanely hot until night time. And I am from South Texas, I know hot weather. Drink LOTS of water on beforehand to hydrate yourself. All the people from our crew suffered a dehydration headache at some point. We spent our days playing in the river to keep cool and would head in around 6 or so.

At night, it was cool and awesome. Long skirts and swim top

Zip code for Cass, AR is 72949.
    If the weather holds out and stays like it was last night, you will definitely want to bring a hoodie and some long pants.
    love,
    peace,
    & bacon grease!

Having a wonderful time, wish I were here.

Please let it be cool at Waka this year, so I can wear my new Wakarusa hoodie!!! I think the forecast looks promising!

Any weather forecast made more than 72 hours stands a 9% chance of being correct.

That said, I"m doing my "2009 Waka Weather Recreation" dance once a day leading up to the fest. If you're doing it too, don't forget about the head bobs on alternate rotations. We don't want locusts.
    Current Favorite Song Ever: Spanish Moon - Robert Palmer
    "Chompdown....that's the heart and soul of the good souls on the mountain!" -BabeinToyland