Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellphone service

Default Cellphone service

my first waka....just wondering if there is any cell phone service up there, not that I want to be connected with reality...

Yes up on top there is in Main Venue don't think so down the hill though at Riverside and not sure about Westwoods.

Don't expect any service through T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon have kinda spotty 3G. Not too sure about Sprint. It's also a matter of the tower maybe being overloaded.

yeeeaahh unless anything changes t-mobile is gone within a few miles of mulberry for me.

My carrier is sprint and I had service last year. The greater issue for me was keeping my phone charged, but I did not use the charging vendor and I think I will this year.
    Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own.

I have Verizon, and it was pretty spotty. I could call home to the hubby, but trying to contact others on the mountain was iffy. We'd all get texts and messages like 2 hours after they were sent and stuff like that. Constantly searching for a signal will really kill your battery, too.
    I definitely suggest having a back up plan for finding lost friends. i.e. Meet at the piano before such and such.

Well, first problem is "connected with reality". No reality here, just the mountain.

Seriously, the signal can be awesome and terrible in a matter of minutes, for no real reason. If you must, turn your phone off except for specified "check in" times and cross your fingers its a great signal time, when its time to check in, set schedule, etc.

I end up not using my phone most of the weekend and leave it on the car charger over-nite.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by disco>jam>suprise valley View Post
    my first waka....just wondering if there is any cell phone service up there, not that I want to be connected with reality...
    Kevin

"There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who don't" -Robert Benchley

Waka 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12'.

Although actual texts and calls are difficult at times, if you have an app like voxer, it works quickly and easily because it is transferring info via the internet, not phone lines
    a revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.

you flew across my eyes and out into space, and i ran and i crawled and i chased to get a taste. thatís what i did Ö whoa!

"Dude. This is why we are on the pile and not christian mingle.com."

I had great service in West Woods with Verizon. I never brought my phone into the festival though so I can't help you there.
    Wartockman on the Waka Badgers
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartockman View Post
    Ive heard them burrow right up under a tent in the dark of night to steal the bab eggs with theyr mother watchin. Ive seen em parachute from the trees onto crowds of innocents, rending at will. I've felt theyr foggy breathe on the back of my neck as I ran buck-naked through the bracken. That was a night..

So. No more alone talk. We must band together. We will triumph. All for WAKA and WAKA for all.

I have to call in sick on Monday so this is good info!
    Singing in the Sunshine, Laughing in the Rain, Hitting on the Moonshine, Rockin in my Brain.